Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Emmaus: Day Twenty Three


I was out on outreach until 3 AM. Doug and I talked with a few of our guys. It rained most of the evening and yet we stayed dry! Doug is great at his job. He scans his environment. He connects, he listens, and he is sensitive to what is said and more importantly, what is not said.

I got up at 8:30 and packed. I talked with Cathi for a bit, pretty soon we will be sitting next to each other!

I went down to the Ministry Center. It was packed. The guys fried chicken, made rice, beans, salad. They are making baked pork chops for this evening. These folks are some serious cooks.

It is a good day. However, I am quickly disengaging. My mind is on getting on the train, on going home, on being with Cathi, with my daughter and my pets.

I know I have a lot more to say about what I learned here. However, that will unfold over the course of the summer. I have film to hopefully develop. I have material to read and experiences to process. But not now. Now it is time to begin to say good bye to Emmaus Ministries, to the Kaio Community and Chicago. Now it is time to say hello to home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its lіke you learn my thoughts! You appear to understаnd so
much about thіѕ, like you wrote thе е book іn it or somethіng.
I think that you can do ωith some % to power the message house a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

Here is my weblog: criar pagina facebook curtir