Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I AM a Secular Franciscan!

On May 3rd Elaine Cooper and I took our final profession and became full members of the Secular Franciscan Order. It was a great day. Father Ron, a Capuchin priest gave a great homily. The members of the Holy Family Fraternity were just a warm embrace. They were joined by members of other local fraternities.

Normally I would write more, about who did what, my gratitude to our formation ministers, about the music and the reception. I would write about folks who attended. However, it is 6:00 A.M. and I am at Emmaus Ministry in Chicago. One of our Kaio community members was out to 3:00 AM doing outreach.

That means I do not have access to my Profession program, the photos and it means I have to be quiet as a mouse.

So, good bye for now. I will write about the profession when I get back to Fort Wayne.

Let me just say,
“Peace and all Good”
and sign off as…
Carl Jylland-Halverson, SFO

No comments: