Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Emmaus: A Word

You may have noticed that I write about my trips, my adventures. I write about the Ministry in general terms. I write in even more general terms when I talk about the guys.

That is because I need to think about how I will tell their stories. I want to make sure I protect their identities. I want to help my readers understand that these guys are so much more than labels, they are full, complex men. They are made in the image of God.

I want to make sure that if our guys ever read this journal they will feel understood. I want to make sure they will feel their stories were told accurately. Most of all I want to make sure they do not feel judged.

So, I will eventually talk about some of their experiences in a composite manner. I will try to share their nobleness, their humanness and their struggles. But first I need to pause and consider how best to accomplish that.

No comments: