Sunday, June 7, 2009

The First Sunday of June

One month ago, along with Erin Cooper, I made my final profession and became a Secular Franciscan. This was a very happy occasion for me. It was the end of a journey that was longer than I could have imagined, far longer than my simply coming to the University of Saint Francis. It was also clearly just a beginning.

I have a great community. It is a warm and inviting home. They are meeting today. I however, one month after final profession, will not be there. Now I know I have a really good excuse, I am at Collegium. Still, my heart is in Fort Wayne today with my brothers and sisters of the Holy Family Fraternity. When I look at the monks in black I will be thinking about and praying for my brothers and sisters in brown.

Peace and all Good

No comments: